The New-England primer, improved, or, An easy and pleasant guide to the art of reading : to which is added the Assembly's catechism : adorned with cuts.
- Standardized Title:
- New England primer.
- Other Title:
- New England primer
Easy and pleasant guide to the art of reading
- Boston : Printed by James Loring, sold wholesale and retail at his bookstore, no. 2, Cornhill, [between 1815 and 1826?]
- Conference Name:
- Westminster Assembly (1643-1652). Shorter catechism.
 p. : ill. ; 11 cm.
- Rogers, John, 1500?-1555.
Congregational churches -- Catechisms.
- Scaleboard (Binding) -- United States.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Massachusetts Boston.
- Variant issues noted: issue in hand has title page frame design featuring diamonds and flowers. Page  has text beginning with the words, "When thou prayest." Page  also features a wood engraving of a boy and a girl kneeling in prayer. Page  features a wood engraving of a boy and girl kneeling in prayer before seated parents. Another issue has title page frame design featuring straight lines intertwined with a spiral line. Page  has a frontispiece of a boy and girl walking through the forest, with a caption beginning with words, "All good boys and girls." Page  features a wood engraving of a man walking with his dog.
First and last leaves attached to paper covers.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy in American scaleboard binding.
- Penn Chronology:
- [between 1815-1826]
- Cited in:
- Bristol B10406
Shipton & Mooney 48521
Heartman, C.F. New England primer, 435.
- Loring, James, 1770-1850, printer.
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|