Jerusalem's captivities lamented, or , A plain description of Jerusalem : from Joshua's time to the year of Christ 517, by scripture and ancient history : first--- the antiquity of the city, with the number of inhabitants that dwelled therein, with the depth and breadth of their trenches, the height of the walls, and the number of the towers that stood thereon : as also--- the greatness of the temple, and glory of the Sanctum Sanctorum, or the Holy of Holies : together with a large description of Christ's birth, life, and death, and miraculous wonders that happened in and about that time; with an account of Christ's personal features : to which is added--- the sad and ever lamented desolation and destruction of Jerusalem, by fire, sword, pestilence, and famine.
- Other Title:
- Jerusalem's captivities lamented
Plain description of Jerusalem
- Philadelphia : Printed and sold by Andrew Steuart ..., 1761.
8 p. ; 18 cm. (8vo)
- ter- d,ng he30 s,o- (C) 1761 (A)
- Jesus Christ -- Biography -- Early works to 1800.
Jerusalem -- History -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy bound with Stephens, J. The history of the travels, persecution and cruel martyrdom of our blessed Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Belfast : [s.n.], printed in the year 1771 - - Reverend minister of this city. The pious instructor, or, A timely warning-piece earnestly recommended to the youth of this province, &c. / by A reverend minister of this city. [London? : s.n.], printed, in the year of our Lord, MDCCLXI 
Culture Class Collection copy has ownership inscription on title page that reads "James Moon, His Book 1773." Bound in contemporary brown wrappers with a manuscript list of contents on left wrapper in the hand of James Moon, and his autograph in three other locations on wrappers.
- Penn Provenance:
- Moon, James (autograph) (inscription) (Culture Class Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- ESTC, W39163
- Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
English Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|