J. Edgar [videorecording] / Warner Bros. Pictures presents ; an Imagine Entertainment production, a Malpaso production ; directed and produced by Clint Eastwood ; written by Dustin Lance Black ; produced by Brian Grazer, Robert Lorenz.
- Burbank, CA : Warner Bros. Entertainment : Distributed by Warner Home Video, 
1 videodisc (137 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Hoover, J. Edgar (John Edgar), 1895-1972 -- Drama.
Lindbergh, Charles Augustus, 1930-1932 -- Kidnapping, 1932 -- Drama.
United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation -- Drama.
Closeted gays -- Drama.
Mothers and sons -- Drama.
Criminal investigation -- United States -- Drama.
United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century -- Drama.
- Historical films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English or dubbed French with optional subtitles in English SDH (subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing), French or Spanish.
- System Details:
- DVD; region 1; 5.1 Dolby Digital surround.
- "J. Edgar Hoover [was] head of the Federal Bureau of Investigation for nearly 50 years. Hoover was feared, admired, reviled and revered, a man who could distort the truth as easily as he upheld it. His methods were at once ruthless and heroic, with the admiration of the world his most coveted prize. But behind closed doors, he held secrets that would have destroyed his image, his career and his life"--Container.
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Naomi Watts, Judi Dench, Armie Hammer, Josh Lucas, Dermot Mulroney, Jeffrey Donovan, Denis O'Hare, Stephen Root, Zach Grenier, Damon Herriman, Lea Thompson, Ken Howard, Josh Hamilton, Jessica Hecht, Geoff Pierson, Michael O'Neill.
- Director of photography, Tom Stern ; production designer, James J. Murakami ; editors, Joel Cox, Gary D. Roach ; costume designer, Deborah Hopper ; music, Clint Eastwood.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 2011.
2.35:1 aspect ratio of its original theatrical exhibition, enhanced for widescreen televisions.
Special feature: Featurette "J. Edgar: A complicated man" (13 min.); Previews (10 min.).
- Eastwood, Clint, 1930- , Director, Producer, Composer
Grazer, Brian, 1953- , Producer
Lorenz, Robert (Robert B.) , Producer
Black, Dustin Lance. , Screenwriter
DiCaprio, Leonardo. , Actor
Watts, Naomi, 1968- , Actor
Dench, Judi, 1934- , Actor
Hammer, Armie, 1986- , Actor
Lucas, Josh. , Actor
Mulroney, Dermot. , Actor
Donovan, Jeffrey. , Actor
O'Hare, Denis, 1962- , Actor
Root, Stephen. , Actor
Grenier, Zach, 1954- , Actor
Herriman, Damon. , Actor
Thompson, Lea, 1961- , Actor
Howard, Ken, 1944- , Actor
Hamilton, Josh. , Actor
Hecht, Jessica, 1965- , Actor
Pierson, Geoff. , Actor
O'Neill, Michael. , Actor
Warner Bros. Pictures (1969- ). , Producer
Imagine Entertainment (Firm). , Producer
Malpaso (Company). , Producer
Warner Bros. Entertainment. , Producer
Warner Home Video (Firm). , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
3000042353 Warner Home Video
2000066160 Warner Home Video
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|