al-Thānī min al-ṣiḥāḥ. = الثاني من الصحاح.
- Standardized Title:
- Ṣiḥāḥ. Selections
- [Egypt or Syria, 13--?]
203 leaves : paper ; 269 x 172 (198 x 125) mm. bound to 269 x 180 mm.
- Arabic language -- Dictionaries.
Traditional medicine -- Formulae, receipts, prescriptions.
- Manuscripts, Arabic -- 14th century.
Codices (bound manuscripts).
Prescriptions, formulae, receipts, etc.
- Second volume of a 10th-century dictionary of the Arabic language. Words are indexed by their last root letter, with this volume covering the letters zāʼ to lām. Marginal notes by a reader and proofreader. Later pastedown on inner cover has remedies written in Arabic and Persian.
- Ms. codex.
Title from title page (f. 1r).
Layout: Written in 27 long lines.
Script: Written in naskh in black ink; pointed, partially vocalized.
Decoration: Illuminated title page (f. 1r); rubrications in red, including headings, guide words and finding aids in the margins.
Binding: Repaired black leather, blind-stamped central mandorla with two pendants on the vertical axis and cornerpieces.
Origin: Item is undated, possibly copied in Egypt or Syria in the 14th century.
- Penn Provenance:
- Several effaced ownership stamps on title page (f. 1r) and last page verso (f. 203v).
Sold by Sam Fogg Ltd. (London) to Lawrence J. Schoenberg, Nov. 2000.
Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2011.
- Cited in:
- Described in Transformation of knowledge: early manuscripts from the collection of Lawrence J. Schoenberg (London: Paul Holberton, 2006), p. 142 (LJS 394).
- Cited as:
- UPenn LJS 394.
- Schoenberg, Lawrence J., former owner.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|