Three songs. : Lizie Lindsay. Get up and bar the door, Donald M'Donald.
- Other Title:
- Ballads and Songs. PU
- [Ed]inburgh: : Printed by J. Morren., [between 1800 and 1822?]
8 p. ; 15 cm.
- y.s, y,r, l,e, l,e, (C) between 1800 and 1822? (Q)
- Chapbooks, Scottish.
- Chapbooks -- Scotland -- Edinburgh.
- Place of Publication:
- Scotland Edinburgh.
- In verse.
Woodcut on title page.
Get up and bar the door is Child ballad 275. Cf. The English and Scottish Popular Ballads.
J. Morren was active at East Campbell Close Cowgate between 1796 and 1810, and 145 Cowgate between 1811 and 1822, with his earliest dated chapbooks appearing in 1800. Cf. the Scottish Book Trade Index.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy is no. 57 in a collection of songs bound together with the spine title Ballads and Songs.
- Penn Chronology:
- 1800-1822? (between)
- Cited in:
- ESTC T176067
- Morren, John, fl. 1790-1822, printer.
Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
English Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- Lizie Lindsay.
Get up and bar the door.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|