Enterprising care? : unpaid voluntary action in the 21st century / Irene Hardill and Susan Baines.
- Bristol ; Portland, OR : Policy Press, 2011.
xiii, 202 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Voluntarism -- Great Britain.
- "More and more is being expected of volunteers and the voluntary sector in the UK. But what does it mean to be a volunteer today? This book seeks to add new insights into individual action in that part of the economy that is beyond the state and the market. Volunteering is examined from the perspective of the individual, the organisation, and the community (of place, identity or interest)."--Publisher's website.
- Fixing Britain's 'broken' society: from the Third Way to Big Society
Theoretical underpinnings of voluntary work and voluntary organisations: work, care or enterprise?
Understanding the journeys of individual volunteers: demanding community concern, or demonstrating job readiness?
A professional paradox? 'Managing' volunteers in voluntary and community sector organisations
Voluntary and community sector organisations as enterprising care providers: keeping organisational values distinctive
Volunteering: an articulation of caring communities
Volunteering: caring for people like me
The big issue of the Big Society: mobilising communities alongside fiscal austerity.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 167-195) and index.
- Baines, Susan.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|