Harvest of loneliness [videorecording] = Cosecha triste / producer, Gilbert G. Gonzalez ; directors, Gilbert G. Gonzalez, Vivian Price, Adrian Salinas.
- Other Title:
- Cosecha triste [videorecording]
Subtitle on container: Bracero Program [videorecording]
- New York, NY : Films for the Humanities & Sciences, c2011.
1 videodisc (58 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 4 3/4 in.
- Seasonal Farm Laborers Program.
Foreign workers, Mexican -- United States -- History.
- Documentary films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Separate English and Spanish versions on the same disc. English version has English subtitles for the Spanish dialogue and English captions, Spanish version has Spanish subtitles for the English dialogue.
- System Details:
- DVD-R, NTSC.
- "Shedding light on the current debate over immigration reform and the use of 'guest workers' in American agriculture, this historical documentary examines what was known as the Bracero Program--a system put in place from 1942 to 1964 to recruit Mexican farm laborers for temporary work in the United States. The film presents ample testimony from surviving braceros as well as family members and descendants of these displaced workers, who typically went north expecting not just high wages but also humane treatment and working conditions--expectations that were rarely if ever met. Featured experts include Mexican activist and politician Victor Quintana, Bracero Program in California author Henry Anderson, and several others. Extensive archival material is also included"--Container.
- Victor Quintana, Henry Anderson.
- Editor, Adrian Salinas ; cinematography, Belinda Salizar, Sebastian Hernandez, Vivian Price ; music, Juan Ernesto Diaz.
- Originally produced as a motion picture in 2010.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Louis A. Duhring Fund.
- Gonzalez, Gilbert G., 1941- , Director, Producer
Price, Vivian. , Director
Salinas, Adrián. , Director
Quintana, Víctor. , Actor
Anderson, Henry P. (Henry Pope), 1927- , Actor
Diaz, Juan Ernesto. , Composer
Films for the Humanities & Sciences (Firm) , Producer, Distributor
Louis A. Duhring Fund.
- Publisher Number:
- 43712-K Films for the Humanities & Sciences
43712 Films for the Humanities & Sciences
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|