History's ultimate nomads. Brazil [videorecording] / Nekesh/Jewish Network presents ; produced and directed by Shaul Kesslassi ; production, Jaime Halegua ... [et al.].
- [Netherlands?] : Nefesh Productions, c2010.
1 videodisc (29 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Jewish diaspora.
Sephardim -- History.
Jews -- Brazil -- History.
Marranos -- Brazil.
- Documentary films.
- Narration In English; interviews in Portuguese with subtitles in English.
- System Details:
- DVD-R, NTSC, Region 1.
- "As the power and pressure of the Inquisition grew in Portugal, the newly discovered land of Brazil became a favourite destination for Jewish converts to Catholicism, far from the Inquisition. What role did the New Christians play in the Portuguese colonization of Brazil? How did the Dutch invasion and rule of northeast Brazil influence this Crypto-Jewish community and how did it lead to the revival of Jewish culture in South America and the construction of the oldest synagogue in the Americas? What became of this young and vibrant Jewish community after the Dutch were thrown out by the Portuguese and how did it lead to what is called 'Marranism'?"--Container.
- Interviewees: Daniel Breda, Tania Kaufman, Luciano Oliveira ... [et al.].
Narration, Max Brenman.
- Camera, Jaime Halegua, Shaul Kesslassi; editors, Shaul Kesslassi, Adam Aisenberg; research, Shaul Kesslassi, Jaime Halegua ... [et al.].
- Videodisc release of the documentary motion picture produced in 2010.
Aspect ratio 1.33:1.
- Kesslassi, Shaul. , Cinematographer, Director, Editor, Producer, Researcher
Halegua, Jaime. , Cinematographer, Editor, Producer, Researcher
Brenman, Max. , Narrator
Breda, Daniel. , Interviewee
Kaufman, Tânia Neumann. , Interviewee
Oliveira, Luciano. , Interviewee
Stichting Nefesh. , Producer, Distributor
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|