D-Day [electronic resource] : the secret massacre / History Channel ; producer Hoite Caston.
- Other Title:
- Secret massacre
- [United States] : A & E Television Networks : Marketed and distributed by New Video, 2004.
- American history in video.
1 streaming video file (ca. 50 min.) : sd., col.
- United States Army. Parachute Infantry Regiment 507th.
World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- France -- Normandy.
- Historical television programs.
Documentary television programs.
War television programs.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Recounts the massacre of U.S. paratroopers and French civilians on D-Day. When members of the 507th PIR were dropped 20 miles from their objective, the village of Graignes voted to help them. There were six days of fighting followed by severe Nazi retaliation. The heroic collaboration of paratroopers and French civilians delayed the SS and aided one of D-Day's most crucial victories. 40 years later, 507th veterans return to France to honor 11 citizens with the Distinguished Civilian Service Award.
- Title from title frames (American history in video, viewed June 27, 2012).
Originally broadcast as a segment of the series Investigating history on the History Channel.
Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2009. (American history in video). Available via World Wide Web.
- Caston, Hoite C. , Producer
Arts and Entertainment Network. , Producer
History Channel (Television network) , Producer
- Other format:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|