World War II in color [electronic resource] : total war / a Trans World International co-production with Carlton ; a presentation of the History Channel ; producers, Lucy Carter, Alastair Laurence.
- Other Title:
- Total war
World war 2 in color
World war two in color
- New York : A&E Television Networks, 2000.
- American history in video.
History alive with Roger Mudd
1 streaming video file (47 min.) : sd., col.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Aerial operations, American.
World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe.
World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Ocean.
World War, 1939-1945 -- History.
World War, 1939-1945 -- Motion pictures and the war.
World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations, American.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Until today, our collective memories of World War II have lived almost exclusively in black and white. Recently re-discovered color film archival materials, assembled after years of research, offer a new perspective on everything from the war's most critical battles and key personalities to details of life on the home front to the plight of uprooted refugees. This segment covers the events of Pearl Harbor through D-Day.
- Host, Roger Mudd ; narrator, Edward Herrmann ; British narrator, John Thaw.
- Executive producers, Martin Smith, Alastair Waddington.
- Title from title frames (American history in video, viewed Apr. 19, 2010).
Originally broadcast on the History Channel as part of the series History alive with Roger Mudd, on February 16, 2000.
Received from the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences; an entry submitted in the category "Outstanding historical programming" for the 22nd Annual News and Documentary Emmy Awards.
The complete series has three parts: A new world order, Total war, Triumph and despair.
Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2009. (American history in video). Available via World Wide Web.
- Carter, Lucy.
Mudd, Roger, 1928-
Wood, Adrian, 1955-
Arts and Entertainment Network.
History Channel (Television network)
Transworld International, Inc.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|