South Pacific [videorecording] / Rodgers and Hammerstein ; screenplay by Paul Osborn ; produced by Buddy Adler ; directed by Joshua Logan.
- [S.l. : s.n., 20--].
1 videodisc (150 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pacific Area -- Drama.
World War, 1939-1945 -- Motion pictures and the war.
- System Details:
- A group of sailors put on a musical during the war in the South Pacific.
- Rossano Brazzi, Mitzi Gaynor, John Kerr, Ray Walston, Juanita Hall, France Nuyen, Russ Brown, Jack Mullaney, Ken Clark, voice of Giorgio Tozzi.
- Director of photographry, Leon Shamroy; special photographic effects, L. B. Abbott; editor, Robert Simpson; music, Richard Rodgers; lyrics, Oscar Hammerstein II; orchestration, Edward B. Powell, Robert Russell Bennett, et al.; music supervised and conducted by Alfred Newman.
- Originally produced as a motion picture in 1958; date in credits: 1957. Adapted from the play South Pacific by Richard Rodgers, Oscar Hammerstein II and Joshua Logan, based on the novel Tales of the South Pacific by James A. Michener.
- Local notes:
- Presented to the Penn Libraries by Harvey Sheldon.
- Penn Provenance:
- Sheldon, Harvey (donor)
- Logan, Joshua. , Director, Adapter
Adler, Buddy, 1906-1960. , Producer
Osborn, Paul, 1901-1988 , Screenwriter
Hammerstein, Oscar, II, 1895-1960 , Lyricist
Brazzi, Rossano, 1916-1994 , Performer
Tozzi, Giorgio. , Performer
Gaynor, Mitzi, 1930- , Performer
Kerr, John, 1931- , Performer
Walston, Ray, 1917-2001 , Performer
Hall, Juanita, 1901-1968. , Performer
Nuyen, France, 1939- , Performer
Brown, Russ, 1892-1964 , Performer
Mullaney, Jack. , Performer
Clark, Ken, 1912- , Performer
Powell, Edward B.. , Arranger
Bennett, Robert Russell, 1894-1981 ,
Newman, Alfred, 1901-1970 , Conductor
Michener, James A. (James Albert), 1907-1997. , Author
Rodgers, Richard, 1902-1979. , Composer
Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation. , Producer
Harvey Sheldon Jewish American Music Video Research Library (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|