Aerius redivivus, or, The history of the Presbyterians : containing the beginnings, progress and successes of that active sect, their oppositions to monarchical and episcopal government, their innovations in the church, and their imbroylments of the kingdoms and estates of Christendom in the pursuit of their designs from the year 1536 to the year 1647 / by Peter Heylyn ...
- Other Title:
- Aerius redivivus
History of the Presbyterians
- Oxford : Printed for Jo. Crosley and are to be sold in London by Tho. Basset ... and Chr. Wilkinson ... , 1670.
, 307, , 261-482,  p. ; 30 cm. (fol.)
Great Britain -- Church history.
- Advertisements -- England -- Oxford -- 18th century
- Place of Publication:
- England Oxford.
- Signatures: pi1 A⁶ B-2Q⁴ 2R² 3A-4E⁴.
T.p. in red and black.
Woodcuts: device on t.p., head- and tail-pieces and occasional initials.
Dedication signed: Henry Heylyn [ed.]
Bookseller's advertisements on leaf A6v and at end of book.
- Local notes:
- This title is part of The Library and Reading of Jonathan Swift: a Partial Reconstruction, a collection given to the University of Pennsylvania Rare Book & Manuscript Library in 2005 in memory of Susan Homas Elias and in honor of the late Heinz J. Vienken.
Swift's Library and Reading Collection copy has some ms. marginal notes, marks and underlining in ink and pencil.
- Penn Provenance:
- Burr, Charles W. (Charles Walts), 1861- (donor) (RBC copy)
Vienken, Heinz J. (honoree) (Swift's Library and Reading Collection copy)
Elias, Susan Homans (honoree) (Swift's Library and Reading Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Wing (2nd ed.) 1681
Passmann-Vienken. Swift's Library, II, p. 853
- Heylyn, Henry.
Crosley, John, bookseller.
Bassett, Thomas, bookseller.
Wilkinson, Christopher, fl. 1669-1693, bookseller.
Swift's Library and Reading Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|