Alberta Hunter : a celebration in blues / Frank C. Taylor with Gerald Cook.
- New York : McGraw-Hill Book Company, 1987.
xx, 311,  pages,  pages of plates : illustrations, portraits ; 24 cm
- Hunter, Alberta.
Singers -- United States -- Biography.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
Messing Around and Biding Her Time
Making It to the Dreamland
Climbing to Higher Ground
Getting her Name up in Lights
Commuting between Prejudice and Pride
Jumping and Jiving with the U.S.A.
Making her "Show" Go On ... and On
Caring for the Sick and the Poor
Coming Back and Laying it on 'Em
Keeping her Shoes On.
- "Book design by Kathryn Parise."
Contains discography (pages 285-295) and videography (page 297).
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy: dustjacket retained.
"Jacket design by Alice Soloway. Front cover photo by Carlos Fenerich."
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cook, Gerald, author.
Parise, Kathryn, designer.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
- 0070631719 :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|