Nāgamaṇḍala [videorecording] = Nagamandala / Yajman Enterprises presents ; a film directed by T.S. Nagabharana ; producer, Shrihari L. Khoday ; story, Girish Karnad ; screenplay, S. Surendranath, C. Aswath ; dialogues, Gopal Yagnik.
- Other Title:
- Anglicized title on distributor's screen: Naga mandala [videorecording]
- New Delhi : Super Cassettes Industries Limited : T Series Home Entertainment, 2007.
- T series
1 videodisc (130 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Karnad, Girish, 1938-2019 -- Film adaptations.
Triangles (Interpersonal relations) -- Drama.
Man-woman relationships -- India -- Drama.
False personation -- India -- Drama.
Gods, Indic -- Drama.
- Melodramas (Motion pictures)
Motion pictures, Indic.
- In Kannada.
- System Details:
- DVD, universal (i.e. Regions 1-9); surround sound.
- Rani, a young bride who is neglected by her indifferent and unfaithful husband Appanna, concocts a love potion in order to make him more attentive. She accidentally spills the decoction on the ground, where Naga the King Cobra drinks it. Instantly smitten, Naga assumes not just human form, but the form of the adulterous husband, and becomes a most attentive spouse. In the course of events, Rani becomes pregnant, and Appanna angrily denies paternity. The village Panchayat arranges a 'trial by serpent' and Rani's virtue is vindicated. Still wildly jealous, the human husband spies on his wife and spots his ophidian doppelganger. A furious and deadly fight ensues. The film, and the play on which it is based, uses mythology and folklore as a jumping-off point to explore powerful human emotions.
- Prakash Rai, Vijayalakshmi, Mandya Ramesh.
- Director of photography, G.S. Bhaskar; editor, Suresh Urs; music, C. Aswath; lyrics, Gopal Yagnik.
- Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 1997; IMDb lists release date as 1996.
Based on the play Nagamandala / [by] Girish Karnad.
Cataloged from English language elements of opening credits and container, and from Wikipedia entry for the film.
Aspect ratio 1.33:1.
- Nāgābharaṇa, Ṭi. Es. , Director
Surendranath, S. , Adapter, Screenwriter
Aśvatth, Si. , Adapter, Screenwriter, Composer
Yagnik, Gopal. , Adapter, Screenwriter, Lyricist
Śrīharikhōḍē, Ke. El. , Producer
Prakashraj. , Actor
Vijayalakshmi. , Actor
Ramēṣ, Maṇḍya. , Actor
Karnad, Girish Raghunath, 1938- , Adapter, Screenwriter, Author
Aśvatth, Si. , Composer
Yajman Enterprises. , Producer
Super Cassettes Industries (New Delhi, India). , Distributor
T-Series Home Entertainment (Firm) , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
TSDVD 1807 T Series Home Entertainment
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|