The debate at large between the House of Lords and House of Commons at the free conference held in the Painted Chamber in the session of the convention anno 1688 [i.e. 1689] : relating to the word abdicated and the vacancy of the throne in the Common's vote.
- [London] : Printed for J. Wickins, and to be sold by the booksellers of London and Westminster, 1695.
, 19-176 p. ; 17 cm. (8vo)
- James II, King of England, 1633-1701.
Great Britain -- Kings and rulers -- Succession.
Great Britain -- History -- Revolution of 1688.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- The first line of the imprint has "And to be Sold"; another edition has "And Sold". Cf. ESTC.
Signatures: A-B⁴ C-F⁸ G-Q⁴.
"The pagination begins at p. 19, but the work is perfect according to its signatures."--Brit. Mus. Catalogue. England. 1900. col. 564.
Title within double ruled borders.
The year of the debate is given in Lady Day dating. Cf. ESTC.
- Local notes:
- This title is part of The Library and Reading of Jonathan Swift: a Partial Replication, a collection given to the University of Pennsylvania Rare Book & Manuscript Library in 2005 in memory of Susan Homans Elias and in honor of the late Heinz J. Vienken.
Swift's Library and Reading Collection copy has index card with bookseller's description laid in.
- Penn Provenance:
- Bacon Hickman (bookplate) (RBC copy)
Vienken, Heinz J. (honoree) (Swift's Library and Reading Collection copy)
Elias, Susan Homans (honoree) (Swift's Library and Reading Collection copy)
Jolliffe (bookplate) (Swift's Library and Reading Collection copy)
Boteler, H. (autograph) (Swift's Library and Reading Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Wing (2nd ed., 1994), E1288A
ESTC (RLIN) R14958
Passmann-Vienken. Swift's Library, I, p. 510
- Wickins, John, fl. 1679-1695, printer.
Swift's Library and Reading Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|