Transnationalism in ancient and medieval societies : the role of cross-border trade and travel / Michael C. Howard.
- Jefferson, N.C. : McFarland, c2012.
vii, 305 p. ; 26 cm.
- Commerce -- History -- To 500.
Commerce -- History -- Medieval, 500-1500.
International trade -- History -- To 1500.
Transnationalism -- Economic aspects.
- "This study of early transnational relations explores the routine interaction of people across the boundaries of empires, tribal confederacies, kingdoms, and city-states. It examines obstacles voyagers faced, relatively poor geographical knowledge, and dangers of a fragmented and shifting political landscape, and reveals the important political, economic, and cultural role cross-border trade and travel played in ancient society"--Provided by publisher.
- Basic features of transnationalism in the ancient and medieval world
Polities along the major trade routes
Long-distance trade goods
Monks and scholars.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 9780786468034 (softcover : alk. paper)
0786468033 (softcover : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|