The night wanderers : Uganda's children and the Lord's Resistance Army / Wojciech Jagielski ; translated by Antonia Lloyd-Jones.
- Standardized Title:
- Nocni wędrowcy. English
- A Seven Stories Press 1st ed.. 1st English-language ed.
- New York : Seven Stories Press, c2012.
vii, 275 p. : 1 map ; 23 cm.
- Children and war -- Uganda.
Child soldiers -- Uganda.
Lord's Resistance Army.
Uganda -- Social conditions -- 21st century.
- On an average night in northern Uganda, tens of thousands of children head for the city centers to avoid capture by the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA). They find refuge on the floors of aid agencies or in the streets. In recent years, the civil society was almost completely destroyed by the LRA, itself made up almost entirely of kidnapped children. Piecing together what has been broken is proving to be a nearly impossible task. Polish journalist Wojciech Jagielski inserts himself into this hellish landscape and finds a way to speak of these children and their wounded world.
- Originally published in Polish by Wydawnictwo W. A. B. under the title Nocni wędrowcy, 2009.
- Lloyd-Jones, Antonia.
- 9781609803506 (pbk.)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|