A political history of the two Irelands : from partition to peace / Brian M. Walker, School of Politics, International Studies and Philosophy, Queen's University Belfast, UK.
- Houndmills, Basingstoke : Palgrave Macmillan, 2012, ©2012.
xiv, 254 pages ; 22 cm.
- Ireland -- Politics and government -- 1922 -- .
Northern Ireland -- Politics and government.
Ireland -- History -- Partition, 1921.
Irish unification question.
Ireland -- Relations -- Northern Ireland.
Northern Ireland -- Relations -- Ireland.
- "An examination of the fraught dynamics of identity politics in and between Northern Ireland and the Irish Free State/ Republic of Ireland from 1921 to the present. This book provides a new understanding of the 'Troubles' and the peace process. Commemorations and the influence of history receive special attention, as does the European context"-- Provided by publisher.
- Machine generated contents note:
Action and Reaction: Majority Identities, 1921-60
Parallel Universes: Minority Identities, 1921-60
Remembering and Forgetting: Commemorations and Identity, 1921-60
Conflict and Conciliation: Identities and Change, 1960-2010
Remembering and Reclaiming: Commemorations and Identity, 1960-2010
The Past and the Present: History, Identity and the Peace Process.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 9780230361478 (pbk.)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|