Whoopee! [videorecording] / Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer ; Samuel Goldwyn Company ; Florenz Ziegfeld and Saumel Goldwyn present ; story by William Anthony McGuire ; screen adaptation by William M. Conselman ; directed by Thornton Freeland ; produced by Florenz Ziegfeld and Samuel Goldwyn ; a United Artist picture.
- [S.I. : s.n., 20--].
1 videodisc (93 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4in.
- Davis, Owen, 1874-1956 -- Film adaptations.
Triangles (Interpersonal relations) -- Drama.
- Western films.
- System Details:
- This musical comedy finds hypochondriac Henry Williams moving out west, seeking a healthier lifestyle. Once there, he finds himself caught in the cross-fire of a complicated love triangle.
- Eddie Cantor, Ethel Shutta, Paul Gregory, Eleanor Hunt, John Rutherford, Walter Law, Spencer Charters, Albert Hackett, Chief Caupolican, Lou-Scha-Enya.
- Edited by Stuart Heisler ; music by Walter Donaldson ; lyrics by Gus Kahn ; musical direction, Alfred Newman ; photography by Lee Garmes, Ray Rennaman, Gregg Toland ; dances and ensembles staged by Busby Berkeley ; production scored and played by George Olson and his music.
- Originally produced as a motion picture in 1930.
Based upon Owen Davis' play: The nervous wreck.
"A musical comedy of the great wild west based on the famous stage success"--Opening credit screen.
- Local notes:
- Presented to the Penn Libraries by Harvey Sheldon.
- Penn Provenance:
- Sheldon, Harvey (donor)
- Freeland, Thornton, 1898-1987 , Director
Goldwyn, Samuel, 1879-1974. , Producer
Ziegfeld, Flo, 1869-1932. , Producer
McGuire, William Anthony, 1885-1940. , Screenwriter
Conselman, William, 1896-1940 , Screenwriter
Cantor, Eddie, 1892-1964 , Actor
Shutta, Ethel, 1896-1976. , Actor
Gregory, Paul, d. 1942. , Actor
Hunt, Eleanor. , Actor
Rutherford, Jack, 1893-1982. , Actor
Charters, Spencer, 1875-1943. , Actor
Hackett, Albert. , Actor
Davis, Owen, 1874-1956. , Author
Samuel Goldwyn Co.. , Producer
United Artists Corporation. , Producer
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer. , Producer
Harvey Sheldon Jewish American Music Video Research Library (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|