Confidential print. Latin America, 1833-1969 [electronic resource].
- Other Title:
- Confidential Print: Latin America, 1833-1969
Confidential Print Latin America
- Marlborough, UK : Adam Matthew Digital
- Government document
Database & Article Index
1 online resource
Began in 2012.
- Latin America -- History -- Sources.
Latin America -- Relations -- Great Britain -- Sources.
Great Britain -- Relations -- Latin America -- Sources.
- "The Confidential Print series, issued by the Foreign and Colonial Offices since around 1820, is...one of the most important series produced by the British Government....The documents of Confidential Print: Latin America cover the whole of South and Central America, plus the non-British islands of the Caribbean, from just after the final Spanish withdrawal from mainland America in the 1820s to the height of the Cold War in the 1960s. Covering revolutions, territorial changes and political movements, foreign financial interests, industrial and infrastructural development (including the building of the Panama Canal), wars, slavery, immigration from Europe and relations with indigenous peoples, amongst other topics, the files in this title form a vital resource for any scholar of Latin American history in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries."--Introduction.
- Description based on 2012-07-25 viewing; title from title screen.
At head of title: Archives Direct, sources from the National Archives, UK.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Rosengarten Family Fund.
- Great Britain. Foreign Office.
Great Britain. Colonial Office.
Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
National Archives (Great Britain)
Rosengarten Family Fund.
- Archives direct
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|