U.S. Marines in Afghanistan, 2001-2002 : from the sea / by Nathan S. Lowrey.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- US Marines in Afghanistan, 2001-2002
United States Marines in Afghanistan, 2001-2002
- Washington, D.C. : United States Marine Corps, History Division, 2011.
- U.S. Marines in the Global War on Terrorism
U.S. Marines in the Global War on Terrorism
- Government document
ix, 410 p. : col. ill., col. maps ; 29 cm.
- United States. Marine Corps -- History -- Afghan War, 2001-
United States. Marine Corps -- History -- 21st century.
United States. Marine Corps. Marine Expeditionary Unit, 15th.
United States. Marine Corps. Marine Expeditionary Unit, 26th.
Afghan War, 2001- -- Campaigns.
Afghan War, 2001- -- Personal narratives, American.
War on Terrorism, 2001-2009.
- "This monograph is more than the story of Marine expeditionary operations in Afghanistan. It describes who our nation's enemies are; how America became involved in the Global War on Terrorism; and how the Marine Corps struggled to acquire a major role in Operation Enduring Freedom, as well as the actions of Marines and sailors who helped prosecute the air and ground campaigns against Taliban and al-Qaeda forces." -- foreword, p.iii.
- The Global War on Terrorism
Operation Enduring Freedom
Naval Expeditionary Task Force 58
Operational maneuver from the sea
Operation Swift Freedom
Concurrent and distributed operations at Forward Operating Base Rhino
Occupation and exploitation operations
Concurrent and distributed operations at Kandahar
Sensitive site exploitation and security missions
Marines during Operation Anaconda.
- Shipping list no.: 2012-0153-P.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 305-352) and index.
- United States. Marine Corps. History Division.
- Other format:
- Online version: Lowrey, Nathan S. U.S. Marines in Afghanistan, 2001-2002
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|