Mark Twain's memory builder [game] : a game for acquiring and retaining all sorts of facts and dates.
- Other Title:
- Memory builder
- [New York : Charles L. Webster, 1891]
- 3D object
1 game (1 board, 1 box of pins, 1 booklet) ; in box (44 x 30 cm.)
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- The game comprises two sheets, each pasted to one side of a box-like board, edged with black S cloth. The game bears the following notice: Patented August 18, 1885; and: Copyright by S.L. Clemens, 1891. One side is the game board. The other side is the rules and suggestions for variations. This side is dated at end: Mark Twain. Hartford, February, 1891. The accompanying catalog description also mentions a book entitled Facts for Mark Twain's Memory Builder (N.Y.; Charles L. Webster, 1891) and a box for storing the common pins used in playing the game. The book and pin box are not part of the University of Pennsylvania's holdings.
- The game consists of 2 sheets (34 x 22 cm.) each pasted to one side of a wooden board, and a box of straight pins. Accompanied by a booklet entitled: Facts for Mark Twain's memory builder (11 p., 13 cm.).
Imprint from BAL.
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- BAL, 3432
- Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- Twain, Mark, 1835-1910. Facts for Mark Twain's memory builder.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|