Sleeping beauty [videorecording] = Belle de nuit / Screen Australia and Magic Films present ; in association with Screen NSW ... [et al.] ; produced by Jessica Brentnall ; written and directed by Julia Leigh.
- Other Title:
- Belle de nuit [videorecording]
- [Widescreen presentation].
- [Toronto] : Entertainment One Films Canada, c2012.
1 videodisc (101 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- College students -- Drama.
Sexual dominance and submission -- Drama.
Sleep -- Drama.
- Feature films.
Motion pictures, Australian.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English and dubbed French.
Open-captioned in English for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1; Dolby Digital 5.1.
- Lucy is a university student possessed by radical passivity, letting coin tosses decide random sexual encounters and enduring her menial jobs with patience. After answering an ad for a lingerie waitress, Lucy is secretly initiated into the job of a Sleeping Beauty, for which she is sedated and given in absolute submission to her clients. As this unnerving experience bleeds into her daily life, Lucy develops the courage to break the spell and discover what happens to her while she sleeps.
- Emily Browning, Rachael Blake, Ewen Leslie, Peter Carroll, Chris Haywood.
- Director of photography, Geoffrey Simpson; editor, Nick Meyers; music, Ben Frost.
- Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 2011.
"Jane Campion presents."--Container.
Aspect ratio 1.85:1 (16x9).
Australian Directors Guild: Best Direction in a Feature Film, 2012, Julia Leigh
- Leigh, Julia, 1970- , Screenwriter, Director
Brentnall, Jessica. , Producer
Browning, Emily, 1988- , Actor
Blake, Rachael. , Actor
Leslie, Ewen, 1980- , Actor
Frost, Ben, 1980- , Composer
Screen Australia. , Producer
Magic Films (Firm) , Producer
Screen NSW (New South Wales) , Producer
Entertainment One (Firm : Canada). , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
200236DV Entertainment One Films Canada
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|