S. / John Updike.
- 1st ed.
- New York : Knopf, 1988.
279 p. ; 20 cm.
- Man-woman relationships -- Fiction.
Communal living -- Fiction.
Arizona -- Fiction.
Cults -- Fiction.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- New Englander Sarah Worth goes west to join a Hindu commune in Arizona. There she mingles with the other sannyasins (pilgrims) in the difficult attempt to subdue ego and achieve salvation and release from illusion.
- Local notes:
- Rare Book copy has autograph from Dean's Forum at Penn, 1988.
Gotham Book Mart Collection copy 1 has dustjacket retained.
Gotham Book Mart Collection copies 1 & 2 signed by the author.
Gotham Book Mart Collection copy 2 in slipcase.
Gotham Book Mart Collection copy 2: "Of the first edition ... three hundred and fifty copies have been printed on special paper and specially bound. Each copy is signed by the author and numbered"--first page.
Gotham Book Mart Collection copy 2 is no. 249.
- Penn Provenance:
- Updike, John (autograph) (RBC copy) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copies 1 & 2)
Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copies 1 & 2)
- Penn Chronology:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- 0394568354 :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|