The Alphabet of Galen : pharmacy from antiquity to the Middle Ages : a critical edition of the Latin text with English translation and commentary / by Nicholas Everett.
- Toronto : University of Toronto Press, c2012.
xviii, 445 p.,  p. of plates : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Materia medica -- Early works to 1800.
Medicine, Greek and Roman -- Early works to 1800.
Pharmacy -- Early works to 1800.
Alfabetum Galieni -- Criticism and interpretation.
Alfabetum Galieni -- Translations into Latin.
Alfabetum Galieni -- Translations into English.
- Preliminary critical text in English, with some words and phrases in Greek and Latin. The text of the Alphabet of Galen is in Latin, followed by the English translation on facing pages.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Horace Howard Furness Memorial Fund.
- Horace Howard Furness Memorial Fund.
Horace Howard Furness Memorial Library (University of Pennsylvania)
- 9780802098122 (bound)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|