Brigadoon [videorecording] / Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer ; screen play by Alan Jay Lerner ; produced by Arthur Freed ; directed by Vincente Minnelli.
- [S.I. : s.n., c2005.
1 videodisc (108 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Lerner, Alan Jay, 1918-1986 -- Film adaptations.
Americans -- Scotland -- Drama.
Scotland -- Drama.
Brigadoon (Scotland : Imaginary place) -- Drama.
Man-woman relationships -- Drama.
- Feature films.
- English or French ; optional subtitles in English, French or Spanish.
- System Details:
- Two vacationing Americans stumble upon a Scottish village which comes to life for only one day every 100 years. One of the men falls in love with a townswoman, and has to decide where his heart lies.
- Gene Kelly, Van Johnson, Cyd Charisse, Elaine Stewart, Barry Jones, Albert Sharpe, Hugh Laing, Virginia Bosler, Jimmy Thompson, Dody Heath.
- Choreography, Gene Kelly ; music, Frederick Loewe ; lyrics, Alan Jay Lerner ; director of photography, Joseph Ruttenberg ; editor, Albert Akst ; musical direction Johnny Green ; art directors, Cedric Gibbons and Preston Ames.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 1954.
Based on the musical play with book and lyrics by Alan Jay Lerner, and music by Frederick Loewe; presented on the stage by Cheryl Crawford.
- Local notes:
- Presented to the Penn Libraries by Harvey Sheldon.
- Penn Provenance:
- Sheldon, Harvey (donor)
- Minnelli, Vincente. , Director
Freed, Arthur, 1894-1973 , Producer
Lerner, Alan Jay, 1918-1986. , Lyricist, Author
Loewe, Frederick, 1901-1988. , Composer
Kelly, Gene, 1912-1996 , Actor, Choreographer
Johnson, Van, 1916-2008 , Actor
Charisse, Cyd. , Actor
Stewart, Elaine, 1930-2011. , Actor
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer. , Producer
Turner Entertainment Co.. , Producer
Harvey Sheldon Jewish American Music Video Research Library (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|