Causa secretionis liquorum a sanguine in corpore animali : manuscript notes, circa 1715.
- circa 1715.
1 leaf (1 item) : paper ; 328 x 210 (270 x 110) mm.
- Body fluids -- Early works to 1800.
Medicine -- Early works to 1800.
Physiology -- Early works to 1800.
- Manuscripts, Latin -- 18th century.
- Scientific notes written by Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz, probably in Germany. The notes concern the secretion and separation of bodily fluids in animals and are closely related to a letter written by Leibniz in September 1715 to the Venetian mathematician and physician Pietro Antonio Michelotti on these subjects, which appeared as an appendix to a work published by Michelotti in 1721. The leaf is written in 51 lines, recto only, on the left half of the page, with numerous corrections, revisions, and additions, both interlinear and on the right half of the page.
- Ms. leaf.
Title from opening heading.
- Local notes:
- Lawrence J. Schoenberg & Barbara Brizdle Manuscript Initiative.
- Penn Provenance:
- Sold at auction at Sotheby's, 17 June 1999, lot 53, to Lawrence J. Schoenberg.
Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2012.
- Cited in:
- Described in Transformation of knowledge: early manuscripts from the collection of Lawrence J. Schoenberg (London: Paul Holberton, 2006), p. 99 (LJS 313).
- Cited as:
- Oversize LJS 313
- Michelotti, Pietro Antonio, 1673-1740, recipient.
Lawrence J. Schoenberg Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|