Annie get your gun [videorecording] / Metro Goldwyn Mayer ; produced by Loew's Incorporated ; screen play by Sidney Sheldon ; music and lyrics by Irving Berlin ; book by Herbert Fields and Dorothy Fields ; produced by Arthur Freed ; directed by George Sidney.
- [S.I. : s.n., 20--].
1 videodisc (107 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 4 3/4 in.
- Fields, Herbert, 1897-1958 -- Film adaptations.
Fields, Dorothy, 1905-1974 -- Film adaptations.
Oakley, Annie, 1860-1926 -- Drama.
Buffalo Bill's Wild West Company -- Drama.
Shooters of firearms -- Drama.
Man-woman relationships -- Drama.
- Feature films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- English or French soundtrack, with optional subtitles in English or French.
Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- Frank Butler, handsome star of Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show, bags clay pigeons and ladies' hearts. He's the best marksman in the world--until a backwoods hoyden challenges him. Her name? Annie Oakley.
- Betty Hutton, Howard Keel, Louis Calhern, J. Carrol Naish, Edward Arnold, Keenan Wynn.
- Director of photography, Charles Rosher ; film editor, James E. Newcom ; musical numbers staged by Robert Alton ; musical direction, Adolph Deutsch.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 1950.
Based on the musical play produced on the stage by Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein, II.
Special features include: New introduction by Annie get your gun Broadway revival star Susan Lucci ; 4 outtake musical numbers (Let's go west again with Betty Hutton, Doin' what comes natur'lly and I'm an Indian too with Judy Garland and Colonel Buffalo Bill featuring Frank Morgan and Geraldine Wall) ; audio recording session track for There's no business like show business ; theatrical trailer.
- Local notes:
- Presented to the Penn Libraries by Harvey Sheldon.
- Penn Provenance:
- Sheldon, Harvey (donor)
- Sidney, George, 1916-2002 , Director
Freed, Arthur, 1894-1973 , Producer
Rodgers, Richard, 1902-1979 , Producer
Hammerstein, Oscar, II, 1895-1960 , Producer
Sheldon, Sidney. , Screenwriter
Fields, Herbert, 1897-1958 , Librettist
Fields, Dorothy, 1905-1974. , Librettist
Hutton, Betty. , Performer
Keel, Howard, 1919-2004. , Performer
Calhern, Louis, 1895-1956 , Performer
Naish, J. Carrol, 1896-1973 , Performer
Arnold, Edward, 1890-1956. , Performer
Wynn, Keenan, 1916-1986 , Performer
Garland, Judy. , Performer
Berlin, Irving, 1888-1989. , Composer, Lyricist
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer. , Producer
Loew's Incorporated. , Producer
Warner Home Video (Firm). , Producer
Harvey Sheldon Jewish American Music Video Research Library (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|