God is a communicative being : divine communicativeness and harmony in the theology of Jonathan Edwards / William M. Schweitzer.
- London ; New York : T & T Clark, c2012.
- T & T Clark studies in systematic theology.
T & T Clark Studies in Systematic Theology
viii, 198 p. ; 24 cm.
- Edwards, Jonathan, 1703-1758.
Trinity -- History of doctrines -- 18th century.
Reformed Church -- Doctrines.
Communication -- Religious aspects -- Christianity.
- Over the past half century, there has been a proliferation of scholarship on the great American theologian Jonathan Edwards. However, the vast majority of this output confines itself to the details of his work. With some welcome exceptions, the forest has often been missed for the trees. In this ground breaking study William Schweitzer presents a new reading of Edwards. He starts with the question: what is distinctive in Edwards theology? The answer comes in Edwards insight into Trinitarian life. God is eternally communicative of his knowledge, love, and joy among the three persons of the Trinity.
- The communicative God
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -193) and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|