On the town [videorecording] / a Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer silver anniversary picture ; produced by Loew's Incorporated ; screen play by Adolph Green and Betty Comden ; associate producer Roger Edens ; produced by Arthur Freed ; directed by Gene Kelly and Stanley Donen.
- [S.I. : s.n., 20--].
1 videodisc (98 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Sailors -- Drama.
Single women -- Drama.
New York (N.Y.) -- Drama.
- Comedy films.
- System Details:
- Three sailors have a 24-hour shore leave to enjoy New York. They are especially concerned with the female inhabitants of the city, and each finds his own to cuddle up with. Chip tries but can't resist the advances of a cab driver, Ozzie gladly fills the role of a lovely anthropologist's "prehistoric man," and Gabey finds the model who poses for the Miss Turnstiles advertisements, who isn't quite the glamorous celebrity he envisioned.
- Gene Kelly, Frank Sinatra, Betty Garrett, Ann Miller, Jules Munshin, Vera-Ellen, Florence Bates, Alice Pearce, George Meader.
- Music by Leonard Bernstein ; lyrics by Adolph Green, Betty Comden and Leonard Bernstein ; musical director, Lennie Hayton ; orchestrations, Conrad Salinger ; vocal arrangements, Saul Chaplin ; additional songs music by Roger Edens, lyrics by Adolph Green and Betty Comden ; director of photography, Harold Rosson ; art directors, Cedric Gibbons and Jack Martin Smith ; film editor, Ralph E. Winters ; recording supervisor, Douglas Shearer ; set decorations, Edwin B. Willis ; special effects, Warren Newcombe ; costumes by Helen Rose.
- Based on the musical play whose book was by Adolph Green and Betty Comden from an idea by Jerome Robbins directed on the stage by George Abbott and produced by Oliver Smith and Paul Feigay.
Originally released as a motion picture in 1949.
- Local notes:
- Presented to the Penn Libraries by Harvey Sheldon.
- Penn Provenance:
- Sheldon, Harvey (donor)
- Kelly, Gene, 1912-1996 , Director, Actor
Donen, Stanley. , Director
Edens, Roger, 1905-1970 , Producer, Composer
Freed, Arthur, 1894-1973 , Producer
Green, Adolph. , Lyricist, Screenwriter
Comden, Betty. , Lyricist, Screenwriter
Sinatra, Frank, 1915-1998 , Actor
Garrett, Betty, 1919-2011. , Actor
Miller, Ann, 1923-2004. , Actor
Munshin, Jules, 1915-1970. , Actor
Vera-Ellen, 1921-1981. , Actor
Bates, Florence, 1888-1954. , Actor
Pearce, Alice, 1913-1966. , Actor
Meader, George, 1888-1963. , Actor
Bernstein, Leonard, 1918-1990 , Lyricist, Composer
Hayton, Lennie, 1908-1971 , Musical director
Salinger, Conrad. , Composer
Chaplin, Saul, 1912-1997. , Arranger
Rosson, Harold, 1895-1988. , Cinematographer
Gibbons, Cedric, 1895-1960 , Artistic director
Smith, Jack Martin. , Artistic director
Winters, Ralph E. , Film editor
Shearer, Douglas, 1899-1971. , Sound designer
Willis, Edwin B. , Set designer
Newcombe, Warren. , Production personnel
Rose, Helen, 1904-1985. , Costume designer
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer. , Producer
Loew's Incorporated. , Producer
Warner Home Video (Firm). , Producer
Harvey Sheldon Jewish American Music Video Research Library (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|