Ṛṇakṣayastotra, circa 1700-1850. = ऋणक्षयस्तोत्र, १७००-१८५०.
- Standardized Title:
- Puranas. Bhaviṣyottarapurāṇa. Selections.
- Other Title:
- circa 1700-1850.
1 item (1 leaf) : paper ; 9 x 22 cm.
- Spiritual intelligence.
Wisdom -- Religious aspects.
Gaṇeśa (Hindu deity).
Krishna (Hindu deity).
Sarasvatī (Hindu deity).
Devotional literature, Sanskrit.
Rites and ceremonies -- India.
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 18th century.
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 19th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 18th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 19th century.
- In Sanskrit (Devanāgarī)
- First part of manuscript is a text containing prayers and mantras recited in honor and worship (pūjā) of various Hindu deities such as the elephant-headed Gaṇeśa and Kṛṣṇa, in order to remove or liberate families and households from debt (ṛṇa). Second part of manuscript is a text containing prayers and mantras recited in honor of various Hindu goddess such as Bhāratī, Sarasvātī, Parvātī, and Śāradā, for increasing intelligence or wisdom (prajñā); text gives details of objects held by the goddesses such as a book, ceremonial grasses, a noose, and other things.
- (Part 1:) Ṛṇakṣayastotra
(Part 2:) Prajñāvardhanastotra.
- Scribe is Kṛṣṇa Dāḍekara (f. 1v).
Title from title incipit (f. 1r); alternate title of first part Ṛṇaharaṣaḍakṣaracintāmaṇistotra from colophon (f. 1r); second alternate title of first part Ṛṇamokṣastotra from native wrapping; title of second part Prajñāvardhanastotra from colophon (f. 1v).
Written in 9 lines per leaf.
1 leaves foliated.
Colophon: [iti śrīma]dbhaviṣyottarapurāṇe ṛṇaharaṣaḍakṣaraciṃtāmaṇistotraṃ saṃpūrṇam śrīṣṭagurubhyonamaḥ (f. 1r).
Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
Non-Latin script record.
- Cited in:
- Listed in H. I. Poleman, Census of Indic Manuscripts in the United States and Canada (New Haven, Conn.: American Oriental Society, 1938), Poleman 1241 and 1565 (UP 2181).
- Cited as:
- UPenn Ms. Coll. 390, Item 2181
- Dāḍekara, Kṛṣṇa, scribe.
- Puranas. Skandapurāṇa.
- Contained In:
- Collection of Indic Manuscripts. Item 2181
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|