America and the Holocaust [videorecording] : deceit and indifference / a Fine Cut Productions, Inc. ; WGBH Boston ; WGBH Educational Foundation ; written, produced, and directed by Martin Ostrow.
- Other Title:
- Deceit and indifference [videorecording]
- [Boston, Mass.?] : WGBH Boston Video, c2005.
1 videodisc (ca. 90 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 4 3/4 in.
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945)
World War, 1939-1945 -- Jews -- Rescue -- United States.
World War, 1939-1945 -- United States.
- Documentary television programs.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Closed captioned for the hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- DVD; Dolby digital.
- Uses interviews, official photos, home movies, and archival footage to explore the factors that shaped America's response to the Holocaust and asks the question "Why didn't America do more?" Looks at America's inaction through the experiences of a Jewish refugee trying to save his parents, and through documented evidence of official policy of the U.S. government.
Call to action
- Host, David McCullough ; narrator, Hal Linden.
- Editor, Stephanie Munroe ; music composed by Sheldon Mirowitz.
- Originally broadcast on PBS in 1994 as an episode of The American experience.
- Local notes:
- Presented to the Penn Libraries by Harvey Sheldon.
- Penn Provenance:
- Sheldon, Harvey (donor)
- Ostrow, Martin. , Director, Producer, Screenwriter
McCullough, David G. , Host
Linden, Hal. , Narrator
Mirowitz, Sheldon. , Composer
Fine Cut Productions. , Producer
WGBH Educational Foundation. , Producer
WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.) , Producer
WGBH Video (Firm). , Distributor
Harvey Sheldon Jewish American Music Video Research Library (University of Pennsylvania)
- Publisher Number:
- WG38289 WGBH Boston Video
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|