Industrial history letters and documents, 1727-1836, undated.
- 1727-1836, undated.
25 items (56 leaves)
- Technology -- Early works to 1800.
- Manuscripts, French -- 18th century.
Manuscripts, French -- 19th century.
Manuscripts, English -- 19th century.
- In French, with 3 items in English (no. 4, 12, 13).
- Collection of letters and documents concerning technological developments in a variety of industries in France, with a few 19th-century documents related to patents in England. The bulk of the documents date from the 1770s and 1780s in France, with several related to forges and metals. Smaller numbers of items concern dyes and hydraulics.
- Local notes:
- Lawrence J. Schoenberg & Barbara Brizdle Manuscript Initiative.
- Finding Aid/Index:
- For individual records for items in this collection, search for the title Industrial History Letters and Documents.
- Penn Provenance:
- Some items separated from manuscripts formerly owned by Sir Thomas Phillipps, ms. 18505, ms. 18507, ms. 22927 (Kraus).
Some items sold as part of the residue of the Phillipps collection first to William H. Robinson Ltd., 1945, and again to H. P. Kraus, Mar. 1978; Kraus's ms. 836 comprised all items.
Formerly owned by John D. Stanitz (Cleveland, Ohio), Ms. 11.
Acquired by Lawrence J. Schoenberg with other Stanitz manuscripts, Sept. 1997.
Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2012.
Gift of Barbara Brizdle Schoenberg, 2016.
- Cited in:
- Described in Transformation of knowledge: early manuscripts from the collection of Lawrence J. Schoenberg (London: Paul Holberton, 2006), p. 115 (LJS 180).
- Cited as:
- UPenn LJS 180.
- Phillipps, Thomas, Sir, 1792-1872, former owner.
Kraus, Hans Peter, 1907-1988, former owner.
Stanitz, John D., former owner.
Schoenberg, Lawrence J., former owner.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|