Request for government subsidy : manuscript, 1789.
1 item (1 bifolium)
- Technology -- Early works to 1800.
Dyes and dyeing -- Early works to 1800.
Madder -- Early works to 1800.
France -- History -- 1789-1793.
- Manuscripts, French -- 18th century.
- In French.
- Request, signed Hoffman, Paris, 27 February 1789; to an unnamed government official, for a subsidy to develop cultivation of the madder plant in France for use in textile dye. A note at the top in another hand suggests that Hoffman at least obtained an audience in response.
- Local notes:
- Lawrence J. Schoenberg & Barbara Brizdle Manuscript Initiative.
- Penn Provenance:
- Formerly owned by Hans Peter Kraus, as part of ms. 836.
Formerly owned by John D. Stanitz (Cleveland, Ohio), as part of Ms. 11.
Acquired by Lawrence J. Schoenberg with other Stanitz manuscripts, Sept. 1997.
Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2012.
Gift of Barbara Brizdle Schoenberg, 2016.
- Cited as:
- UPenn LJS 180.
- Kraus, Hans Peter, 1907-1988, former owner.
Stanitz, John D., former owner.
Schoenberg, Lawrence J., former owner.
- Contained In:
- Industrial History Letters and Documents. Item 3
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|