Documents concerning carriages, circa 1790.
- circa 1790.
1 item (5 leaves)
- Moore, Francis, of Cheapside.
Technology -- Early works to 1800.
Carriages and carts -- Early works to 1800.
France -- History -- 1789-1793.
- Engravings (prints)
Manuscripts, French -- 18th century.
- In French, with English captions on engravings.
- Engraving with caption A Coach upon a New Construction by the ingenious Mr. Moore (Francis Moore, coach builder of Cheapside, image of 2-wheeled carriage similar to one that appeared above the caption Francis Moore's Vehicle in Pennant Magazine, 1790); manuscript description in French of the carriage, titled Description de la voiture de Mr. Moore (2 leaves); engraving with caption A Contrivance for stopping Carriages descending steep Hills; manuscript description in French, in a different hand, of the second engraving (1 bifolium).
- Local notes:
- Lawrence J. Schoenberg & Barbara Brizdle Manuscript Initiative.
- Penn Provenance:
- Formerly owned by Hans Peter Kraus, as part of ms. 836.
Formerly owned by John D. Stanitz (Cleveland, Ohio), as part of Ms. 11.
Acquired by Lawrence J. Schoenberg with other Stanitz manuscripts, Sept. 1997.
Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2012.
Gift of Barbara Brizdle Schoenberg, 2016.
- Cited as:
- UPenn LJS 180.
- Kraus, Hans Peter, 1907-1988, former owner.
Stanitz, John D., former owner.
Schoenberg, Lawrence J., former owner.
- Contained In:
- Industrial History Letters and Documents. Item 5
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|