Memoire sur les procedés a suivre pour construire des chauffoirs et sur les changemens a faire dans la maniere de les couler en fonte, after 1786.
- after 1786.
1 item (8 leaves)
- Desarnod, Joseph-François.
Technology -- Early works to 1800.
Stoves -- Early works to 1800.
France -- History -- Louis XVI, 1774-1793.
- Manuscripts, French -- 18th century.
- In French.
- Report on improvements to stoves based on the research of Joseph-François Desarnod, architect of Lyon. Includes references to the Franklin stove (chauffoir de Pensilvanie, invented by Benjamin Franklin in 1741). Dated based on a reference to a model cast in 1786 at the forges of Dampierre.
- Local notes:
- Lawrence J. Schoenberg & Barbara Brizdle Manuscript Initiative.
- Penn Provenance:
- Separated from manuscript formerly owned by Sir Thomas Phillipps, ms. 18505 (note in pencil, Kraus?).
Sold as part of the residue of the Phillipps collection first to William H. Robinson Ltd., 1945, and again to H. P. Kraus, Mar. 1978; part of Kraus's ms. 836.
Formerly owned by John D. Stanitz (Cleveland, Ohio), as part of Ms. 11.
Acquired by Lawrence J. Schoenberg with other Stanitz manuscripts, Sept. 1997.
Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2012.
Gift of Barbara Brizdle Schoenberg, 2016.
- Cited as:
- UPenn LJS 180.
- Phillipps, Thomas, Sir, 1792-1872, former owner.
Kraus, Hans Peter, 1907-1988, former owner.
Stanitz, John D., former owner.
Schoenberg, Lawrence J., former owner.
- Contained In:
- Industrial History Letters and Documents. Item 7
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|