Letter concerning manufacture of platinum, 1768.
1 item (1 bifolium)
- Technology -- Early works to 1800.
Platinum -- History.
France -- History -- Louis XV, 1715-1774.
- Manuscripts, French -- 18th century.
- In French.
- Letter written in Metz, dated 28 April 1768, to the inspector of manufacture of arms in Maubeuge, concerning the production of platinum (platine); signed Boileau. Originally folded for mailing, with address and remnants of sealing wax on former exterior.
- Local notes:
- Lawrence J. Schoenberg & Barbara Brizdle Manuscript Initiative.
- Penn Provenance:
- Formerly owned by Hans Peter Kraus, as part of ms. 836.
Formerly owned by John D. Stanitz (Cleveland, Ohio), as part of Ms. 11.
Acquired by Lawrence J. Schoenberg with other Stanitz manuscripts, Sept. 1997.
Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2012.
Gift of Barbara Brizdle Schoenberg, 2016.
- Cited as:
- UPenn LJS 180.
- Kraus, Hans Peter, 1907-1988, former owner.
Stanitz, John D., former owner.
Schoenberg, Lawrence J., former owner.
- Contained In:
- Industrial History Letters and Documents. Item 10
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|