Methode de faire elever d'eau de toute profondeurs quelconque comme 100 à 200 toises plus ou moins, par une simple pompe aspirante placé à niveau de terre, 1783.
- Other Title:
- Memoire, methode, et plan sur de nouvelles machines hydrauliques.
1 item (2 leaves)
- Technology -- Early works to 1800.
Hydraulic engineering -- Early works to 1800.
France -- History -- Louis XVI, 1774-1793.
- Manuscripts, French -- 18th century.
- In French.
- Engineer; sergeant in the National Guard of Marseille, credited for the plan by which revolutionaries took over the fort of Notre Dame de la Garde in Marseille in 1790.
- Description of a pump for lifting water; refers to diagrams which are not present. Accompanied by a sheet with a title in the same hand, Memoire, methode, et plan sur de nouvelles machines hydrauliques, which seems to refer to multiple items of which this manuscript was one. Written in Marseille, 26 October 1783, signed Doinet, mécanicien.
- Local notes:
- Lawrence J. Schoenberg & Barbara Brizdle Manuscript Initiative.
- Penn Provenance:
- Formerly owned by Hans Peter Kraus, as part of ms. 836.
Formerly owned by John D. Stanitz (Cleveland, Ohio), as part of Ms. 11.
Acquired by Lawrence J. Schoenberg with other Stanitz manuscripts, Sept. 1997.
Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2012.
Gift of Barbara Brizdle Schoenberg, 2016.
- Cited as:
- UPenn LJS 180.
- Kraus, Hans Peter, 1907-1988, former owner.
Stanitz, John D., former owner.
Schoenberg, Lawrence J., former owner.
- Contained In:
- Industrial History Letters and Documents. Item 15
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|