Projet d'établissement de nitrieres artificielles, after 1782.
- after 1782.
1 item (4 leaves)
- Technology -- Early works to 1800.
Saltpeter industry -- France.
France -- History -- Louis XVI, 1774-1793.
- Manuscripts, French -- 18th century.
- In French.
- Proposal concerning the manufacture of saltpeter, including the construction of pits for decomposition; the dates 1777 and 1782 are mentioned in the proposal. Sewn gathering of 2 bifolia.
- Local notes:
- Lawrence J. Schoenberg & Barbara Brizdle Manuscript Initiative.
- Penn Provenance:
- Formerly owned by Hans Peter Kraus, as part of his ms. 836.
Formerly owned by John D. Stanitz (Cleveland, Ohio), as part of his Ms. 11.
Acquired by Lawrence J. Schoenberg with other Stanitz manuscripts, Sept. 1997.
Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2012.
Gift of Barbara Brizdle Schoenberg, 2016.
- Cited as:
- UPenn LJS 180.
- Kraus, Hans Peter, 1907-1988, former owner.
Stanitz, John D., former owner.
Schoenberg, Lawrence J., former owner.
- Contained In:
- Industrial History Letters and Documents. Item 17
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|