Letter concerning the forge of Ruelle, 1776 August 23.
- 1776 August 23.
1 item (1 leaf)
- France. Marine -- History -- 18th century.
Technology -- Early works to 1800.
Iron industry and trade -- France -- History -- 18th century.
France -- History -- Louis XVI, 1774-1793.
- Manuscripts, French -- 18th century.
- In French.
- Letter written from Versailles, 23 August 1776, to Monsieur de Beaumont concerning the forge of Ruelle. The author again refers to the work at the forge for the French Navy and makes requests about the ruling that Monsieur de Beaumont will issue about the forge. With a note at the close of the letter, added by the author, whose signature is illegible; the letter may have been written by a secretary. By the same author as LJS 180, Item 21 and Item 22.
- Local notes:
- Lawrence J. Schoenberg & Barbara Brizdle Manuscript Initiative.
- Penn Provenance:
- Separated from manuscript formerly owned by Sir Thomas Phillipps, ms. 18507 (note in pencil, Kraus?).
Sold as part of the residue of the Phillipps collection first to William H. Robinson Ltd., 1945, and again to Hans Peter Kraus, March 1978; part of Kraus's ms. 836.
Formerly owned by John D. Stanitz (Cleveland, Ohio), as part of Ms. 11.
Acquired by Lawrence J. Schoenberg with other Stanitz manuscripts, Sept. 1997.
Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2012.
Gift of Barbara Brizdle Schoenberg, 2016.
- Cited as:
- UPenn LJS 180.
- Phillipps, Thomas, Sir, 1792-1872, former owner.
Kraus, Hans Peter, 1907-1988, former owner.
Stanitz, John D., former owner.
Schoenberg, Lawrence J., former owner.
- Contained In:
- Industrial History Letters and Documents. Item 23
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|