Biography of Charles Jean Laubert : manuscript, after 1788.
- after 1788.
1 item (1 leaf)
- Laubert, Charles Jean, 1762-1834.
Technology -- Early works to 1800.
Dyes and dyeing -- Early works to 1800.
France -- History -- Louis XVI, 1774-1793.
Manuscripts, French -- 18th century.
- In French.
- Brief biography of the French doctor and chemist Charles Jean Lambert, with particular attention to his efforts to extract indigo from Isatis tinctoria (woad) in 1788.
- Local notes:
- Lawrence J. Schoenberg & Barbara Brizdle Manuscript Initiative.
- Penn Provenance:
- Formerly owned by Hans Peter Kraus, as part of ms. 836.
Formerly owned by John D. Stanitz (Cleveland, Ohio), as part of Ms. 11.
Acquired by Lawrence J. Schoenberg with other Stanitz manuscripts, Sept. 1997.
Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2012.
Gift of Barbara Brizdle Schoenberg, 2016.
- Cited as:
- UPenn LJS 180.
- Kraus, Hans Peter, 1907-1988, former owner.
Stanitz, John D., former owner.
Schoenberg, Lawrence J., former owner.
- Contained In:
- Industrial History Letters and Documents. Item 25
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|