The second part of the Preservative against popery: shewing how contrary popery is to the true ends of the Christian religion : fitted for the instruction of unlearned Protestants / by William Sherlock, D.D. Master of the Temple.
- Standardized Title:
- Preservative against popery. Part 2
- Other Title:
- Second part of the preservative against popery
Preservative against popery. Part II
- The second edition.
- London : Printed for William Rogers, at the Sun over against St. Dunstan's Church in Fleet-street, 1688.
, 91,  p ; 22 cm. (4to)
- m.he r-ny atte GoGo (3) 1688 (R)
- Catholic Church -- England -- Controversial literature -- Early works to 1800.
Anti-Catholicism -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- Title within double-ruled border.
First leaf bears half-title on recto and imprimatur on verso: Imprimatur liber ... Guil. Needham, R.R. in Christo P. ac D.D. Wilhelmo Archiepisc. Cant à Sacr. Domest. May 3. 1688.
Half title in 3 settings: Setting 1) half-title is in 6 lines within single rules; Setting 2) half-title is in 6 lines with no rules; Setting 3) half-title is in 3 lines without rules.
Leaf M4 in 2 settings: Setting A) with errata printed on tail of M4r; Setting B) without errata printed on M4r.
Items with Setting B include errata slip. Variant lacks errata slip.
Advertisement on page  at end.
Signatures: [A]⁴ B-M⁴.
- Local notes:
- Culture Class Collection copy has half-title in Setting 1 and leaf M4 in setting B without the errata slip.
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Wing (CD-ROM, 1996) S3342
- Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
English Culture Class Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|