Breaking news breaking down [videorecording] / director, producer, writer, Mike Walter.
- [United States] : PBS Home Video, 2011.
1 videodisc (ca. 40 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Dart Center for Journalism & Trauma.
Journalists -- Job stress.
Broadcast journalism -- Psychological aspects.
Journalism -- Psychological aspects.
Post-traumatic stress disorder.
Suffering -- Press coverage.
Disasters -- Press coverage.
Hurricane Katrina, 2005 -- Press coverage.
September 11 Terrorist Attacks, 2001 -- Press coverage.
- Documentary television programs.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- English SDH subtitles.
- System Details:
- How does traumatic news impact the men and women who cover it. Mike Walter loved chasing the big story, but on one September morning, the biggest story of his career chased him down. On that day, a jet rained from the sky, piercing the Pentagon, and shattering his emotional well-being. Now Walter turns the camera on himself and his profession as he and other journalists go to New Orleans after a photojournalist suffers a mental breakdown. The result is a raw and gripping look at this profession.
- Narrated by Mike Walter. Interviews with David Handschuh, Frank Ochberg, John Pope, Gary Tippet, Ian Munro, John McCusker, Dan Shea, Deidre Stoelzle Graves, David Grunfeld, Penny Owen-Cockerell, Suzanne Stouse, Melissa Manware, and David Cullen.
- Assistant Producer/Editor Tim DeLuca ; Music Tom DeLuca, Mike Slamer, Paula MacNeill.
- Includes special features: Director's commentary ; A classroom session ; Guide for teachers.
Originally broadcast on PBS in 2011.
- Walter, Mike. , Narrator, Director, Producer, Screenwriter
Handschuh, David. , Interviewee
Ochberg, Frank. , Interviewee
Pope, John. , Interviewee
Tippet, Gary. , Interviewee
Cullen, David. , Interviewee
Manware, Melissa. , Interviewee
Shea, Dan. , Interviewee
PBS Home Video. , Producer, Distributor
- Publisher Number:
BRNE601 PBS Home Video
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|