Heegaard Floer Invariants and Cabling [electronic resource].
- Local subjects:
Penn dissertations -- Mathematics.
Mathematics -- Penn dissertations.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- A natural question in knot theory is to ask how certain properties of a knot behave under satellite operations. We will focus on the satellite operation of cabling, and on Heegaard Floer-theoretic properties. In particular, we will give a formula for the Ozsvath-Szabo concordance invariant tau of iterated cables of a knot K in terms of the cabling parameters, tau( K), and a new concordance invariant, epsilon(K). We show that, in many cases, epsilon gives better bounds on the 4-ball genus of a knot that tau alone, and discuss further applications of epsilon. We will also completely classify when the iterated cable of a knot admits a positive L-space surgery.
- Thesis (Ph.D. in Mathematics) -- University of Pennsylvania, 2011.
Source: Dissertation Abstracts International, Volume: 72-09, Section: B, page: 5336.
Adviser: Paul Melvin.
- Local notes:
- School code: 0175.
- Melvin, Paul, advisor
University of Pennsylvania.
- Contained In:
- Dissertation Abstracts International 72-09B.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|