The march of time.
- Other Title:
- March of Time, 1935-1967
- Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press
Streaming video files
Began in 2012.
- Motion picture journalism -- United States -- History.
History, Modern -- 20th century.
- Electronic reference sources.
- Site in English; multiple language interface.
- This resource includes an archive of The March of Time films. From 1935-1967, American theatergoers and television watchers were witness to Time Inc.'s unique and controversial film series. The March of Time series aired its first short subject film in theaters in the U.S. in 1935, and immediately turned heads among the media and ordinary citizens. These covered an eclectic range of topics, and took divergent and sometimes controversial perspectives that audiences hadn't seen before in this format.
- Title from home page (viewed January 30, 2014).
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Rosengarten Family Fund.
- Alexander Street Press, issuing body.
Rosengarten Family Fund.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.