Black snake moan [videorecording] / Paramount Vantage presents a New Deal production a Southern Cross, the Dog production ; produced by John Singleton, Stephanie Allain ; written and directed by Craig Brewer.
- Hollywood, Calif. : Paramount Home Entertainment, c2007.
1 videodisc (115 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Nymphomania -- Southern States -- Drama.
Blues musicians -- Southern States -- Drama.
African American musicians -- Southern States -- Drama.
Piety -- Drama.
Southern States -- Drama.
- Feature films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- English and French with optional English or Spanish subtitles.
- System Details:
- DVD; NTSC, region 1; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround, Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo. Surround.
- Lazarus is an extremely religious man who is broken hearted after his wife leaves him for his own brother. Rae is the town slut, apparently afflicted with the "disease" of uncontrollable nymphomania. After a night of hard partying and sleeping around, Rae, is beaten up and left by the roadside near Lazarus' house. Lazarus takes her in and chains her to his radiator while trying to "cure" her insatiability. Eventually, the two become friends and help each other recover from their extremes of lust and piety to become more balanced individuals.
- Samuel L. Jackson, Christina Ricci, Justin Timberlake, S. Epatha Merkerson.
- Director of photography, Amelia Vincent ; editor, Billy Fox ; music, Scott Bomar ; costume designer, Paul Simmons ; production designer, Keith Brian Burns.
- 16:9, enhanced aspect ratio.
Special features: Commentary by writer/director Craig Brewer; "Conflicted: the making of Black snake moan;" "Rooted in the blues;" "The Black snake moan;" deleted scenes.
- Brewer, Craig. , Screenwriter, Director
Singleton, John, 1968-2019 , Producer
Allain, Stephanie. , Producer
Jackson, Samuel L. , Actor
Ricci, Christina. , Actor
Timberlake, Justin, 1981- , Actor
Merkerson, S. Epatha, 1952- , Actor
Bomar, Scott. , Composer
Paramount Vantage. , Producer
New Deal Productions. , Producer
Southern Cross Productions. , Producer
Dog (Firm) , Producer
Paramount Home Entertainment (Firm) , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
34619 Paramount Home Entertainment
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|