Printing in York from the 1490s to the present day / by William K. and E. Margaret Sessions.
- York, England : William Sessions Ltd., 1976 (York, England : William Sessions Ltd., the Ebor Press)
viii, 104 p.,  p. of plates : ill., facsims., map, plan, ports. ; 21 cm.
- Printing -- England -- York -- History.
Early printed books -- England -- York.
York (England) -- Imprints.
- Place of Publication:
- England York.
- "Caxton quincentenary year."
"[F]irst issued as part (pages 921 to 967) of the large symposium volume 'The noble city of York, ' edited by Alberic Stacpoole and others and published in 1972 by the Cerialis Press of York ... Prior to this revised edition in separate booklet format, sources of early history have been re-checked, amendments or amplifications have been made as needed, and the recent narrative of York printing has been continued to the Caxton quincentenary date of 1976"--P. [ii]. "First published in 1976 by the Sessions Book Trust." -- p. [iv].
Place of publication follows publisher statement on title-page.
"Printed in 10/11 point Times Roman typeface and in A5 international page size."--P. [iv].
Includes bibliographical references (p. 97-98) and an index (p. 99-102).
- Local notes:
- Penn Libraries Rare has postcard to Paul Morgan from Bill Sessions enclosed. Also, a map with directions of: Historic printing locations in central York, with printing heritage trail.
Acquired from Geoffrey Day in 2018.
- Penn Provenance:
- Morgan, Paul (bookplate)
Day, Geoffrey (former owner) (Libra copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Sessions, Ethelwyn Margaret.
William Sessions Limited, publisher.
Ebor Press, printer.
Sessions Book Trust.
Geoffrey Day Collection of Laurence Sterne (University of Pennsylvania)
- Other format:
- Online version: Sessions, William K. (William Kaye) Printing in York from the 1490s to the present day.
- 0900657375 :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|