The Black Panthers (in Israel) speak [videorecording] / a documentary film by Eli Hammo & Sami Shalom Chetrit ; this film is an independent production with support from Makor Foundation for Israeli Films ; research & script, Sami Shalom Chetrit ; produced & directed by Eli Hammo, Sami Shalom Chetrit.
- Other Title:
- Title on distributor's added title screen: Black Panthers speak [videorecording]
- [Münster] : world sales, Mec Film ; [Paris] : Momento!, c2003.
1 videodisc (54 min.) : sd., col. with b&w seq. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Panterim ha-sheḥorim (Israel)
Israel -- Ethnic relations.
Israel -- Civil rights.
Palestinian Arabs -- Civil rights -- Israel.
- Documentary films.
- In Hebrew with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- DVD-R, PAL; playable on most computer media systems.
- A documentary look at the Black Panthers in Israel, the social movement of second-generation Jews of Arab and Muslim origin residing in Israel, the Mizrahim. Key leaders in the movement speak of the struggle in the 1970s and the current day, of the role played by the Shas party in quelling that struggle, of the relationship between the occupation and oppression of the Palestinians, and the social and cultural oppression of the Mizrahim.
- Interviewees: Reuven Abergil, Saadia Marziano, Charlie Biton ... [et al.].
- Cinematographer, editor, Eli Hammo; music, Nass El Ghiwane ... [et al.].
- Videodisc release of the documentary motion picture produced in 2003.
Aspect ratio 1.33:1.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
- Hamo, Eli. , Cinematographer, Director, Editor, Producer
Chetrit, Sami Shalom, 1960- , Screenwriter, Director, Producer, Researcher
Abergil, Reuven. , Interviewee
Marziano, Saadia. , Interviewee
Biton, Charlie. , Interviewee
El Ghiwane, Nass. , Composer
Ḳeren Maḳor le-sirṭe ḳolnoʻa ṿe-ṭelevizyah. , Producer
Mec film (Firm) , Distributor
Momento! (Firm) , Distributor
Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
- Publisher Number: