Founding mothers & fathers : gendered power and the forming of American society / Mary Beth Norton.
- Other Title:
- Founding mothers and fathers
- 1st Vintage Books ed.
- New York : Vintage Books, 1997, c1996.
x, 496 p. ; 20 cm.
- Sex role -- United States -- History -- 17th century.
Family -- United States -- History -- 17th century.
United States -- Social conditions -- To 1865.
United States -- Politics and government -- To 1775.
- "A portion of chapter five was originally published as Gender and defamation in seventeenth-century Maryland in William & Mary quarterly, January 1987"--T.p. verso.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -477) and index.
- Local notes:
- Gift of Mr. & Mrs. Sheldon Hackney.
- 0679749772 (pbk.) :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|