Abbreviationes online [electronic resource] : medieval abbreviations on the Web.
- Other Title:
Medieval abbreviations on the Web
- Bochum [Germany] : Dr. Olaf Pluta, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Institut für Philosophie
Database & Article Index
1 online resource
Began in 1993.
- Abbreviations, Latin -- Dictionaries -- Databases.
Paleography, Latin -- Dictionaries -- Databases.
Latin language, Medieval and modern -- Abbreviations -- Dictionaries -- Databases.
- Computer network resources.
- Explanatory material in English.
- Abbreviationes identifies abbreviations used in medieval Latin manuscripts ("Latin paleography"). The manuscripts come from libraries throughout Europe -- from Catania in the South, Uppsala in the North, Coimbra in the West to St. Petersburg in the East. It includes large collections such as the manuscripts held by the Vatican Library or the libraries at Oxford and Paris as well as many smaller collections. Major collections in the United States, such as the manuscripts held by the Morgan Library (New York City, New York) and the Huntington Library (San Marino, California), are also included. The database currently comprises over 70,000 entries containing a total of 80,098 references to manuscripts. Entries in the database cover the 8th century through the 15th century.
- Title from title screen last updated April 30, 2011 (viewed May 12, 2011).
Also available on CD-ROM.
- Pluta, Olaf.
Ruhr-Universität Bochum. Institut für Philosophie.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|